Monday, May 9, 2011

I may have lost the battle, but I am going to win the war.

There are times in our lives when we get pressed down, and things seem like they are caving in. In the past the way through these trying times was to open up the refrigerator door and push my feelings so far down with food that I would numb myself. I learned this behavior since I was a small child. Food has always been there to comfort me; it was the one consistent comforter in my life.  Being an adult, and now having God as my comforter, I still out of habit turn to food before God.  Learning how to lean on Him and not the tortilla chips and cheese will have to be a conscious effort on my part. I often make mindless decisions without even realizing what I am doing only out of habit.  Looking at the current circumstances, one would say, it looks as though I may lose my job. My knee jerk reaction is to freak out.
Financially we can’t make it without my income.  However, my inner soul says to rely, trust and wait on the Lord. I am reminded of what the bible asks, “Whoever gained one hour of his life back by worrying?”  It’s true. Worrying is useless. So I step out in faith, letting go, knowing that God will catch me.
I weighed in over the weekend; I gained 1.2 – Whew, wipes forehead. I really thought it was going to say up 3 or 4. My scale is whack-o! I did decide to limit my “junk carbs” processed cookies, cakes, crackers, ice creams… ya know all the junk food, even though weight watchers has their name on it and it’s only 2 points per bar, it’s still crap. I will also stop eating lean cuisines – those are also crap. I took the weekend off from working out, was very busy. I enjoy walking… I also enjoyed the two days off and I am pretty sure my body did too.
Unknown  territory.
Tonight I start Zumba. I am going to embrace it. It is going to be fun, challenging and rewarding.  I am off to work, to see what is what… and knowing that when one door closes another one opens.

No comments:

Post a Comment