Thursday, January 3, 2013

It's easy...

This is my new mantra "It's easy"
See, I figure the state of attitude is what makes something easy or hard. If I dreaded lets say doing dishes. Just absolutely loathed it... do you think I would have a good time when I did the dishes? No. What if I looked at it differently and said to myself..."Doing the dishes isn't so bad. My kitchen will look so much better. I am grateful that I am healthy enough to stand at the sink and do my dishes. I will crank my tunes and have deep thought time. I will be productive and invest in the cleanliness of my house." I know sounds kind of hokey but if I said these things over and over.... (the bad) or (the good stuff) which one would take over? I would essentially make my dish washing experience terrible if I constantly thought negatively about the chore.
All in all truth, I don't mind doing the dishes... I was just using this as an example. Just like walking or exercising... If I had self talk with myself or conversations with others how much I hated exercise I am guessing that I would dread to do it, while I was doing it I couldn't wait for it to be over and it would be a burden of a chore... However, what if I took a different approach and said, I am going to enjoy walking on my treadmill or doing my ball exercise. I am going to feel good and look great because of it. It's easy to do and I enjoy it. If I said this over and over and went in with a positive attitude and thought only positive thoughts while I was doing it.... I am betting my workouts would be more frequent, longer and meaningful. Verses dragging my feet and doing it because I had to instead of because I wanted to.

We can make things easy or hard. Ever see a child slouched down because they had to do a house chore or a task they didn't want to do? They moped and did it begrudedly. What if that child took the opposite opinion and just said OK, I have to do this, I am going to make the best out of it. I am helping my Mom out and afterwards I can play. Which experience would be better?

When I first started College I had self talk going on in my head on the first day. I can't do this, this is so stressful, I am dumb, on and on and on.... guess what I struggled and I didn't enjoy the experience. This year I went in the Fall quarter telling myself, this is going to be easy, I am going to enjoy it and I am going to get A's. Guess what? I did... all of the positive talk came true... just like all the negative self talk did the year before.

Even the Bible says "A man thinkith, therefor he is."

I think we forget and it's easy to bitch and moan and whine about what we need to do even though it's good for us. If we want the experience to be better, think better thoughts. It all starts with ourselves.
So this years approach to a healthy lifestyle that sticks is a positive one. It is so much easier than I expected to eat healthy and stay away from processed refined man made foods. I am craving micro nutrients. I enjoy working out. It makes me feel great. Getting rid of this weight is going to be easy.

How many times have you said to yourself, "It's not going to be easy?" STOP!!!! It is going to be easy.

If you want to renew your life, you must renew your mind first. Stop the negative, doubtful, fearful talk that starts in your head because let's face it, if its coming out of your mouth, it's what is in your heart and you are just fighting yourself against a losing battle. The choice is yours and life is truly what you make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment