Thursday, December 13, 2012

So this is Christmas... & a Happy New Year.... (Love this song).
As the end of the year approaches, we (or rather I) reflect on all of the things I have done, didn't do and want to do it and so it can all be a bit overwhelming. I find that with time, the speed of each year rapidly passes by and that can only mean one thing; embrace every day. We are living on borrowed time and I kick myself in the shins for taking a single day for granted.

A lot has changed this year and there are more changes to come in the year to follow. I have one more full quarter of classes and then I will start my intern ship. I will have to get a part time job in April (Starbucks here I come). I wondered if I printed my resume on coffee bean stationery if that would be a bit much? With John's new job, the house will be empty during the night and this is a new change for me but am thankful for my friends that keep me company and include me in their lives.

I have big hopes and dreams for 2013 and I plan to pamper myself for sure by investing in my health, future and my family and friends. You wont find this girl sitting on the couch watching life pass her by, no, you will find her living life and laughing and by laughing I mean a lot. I count my blessings and thank the Lord above for all that He has given me.

Change is never easy, however, the exciting part of change is it never leaves us the same. The question asked is, does it change us for the better or the worse? I will do my best to make sure that it will always change me for the better. Losing my job a year and a half ago, changed me, for the better. I saw it as an opportunity to better myself and to make the best out of the situation. I followed my dream, to go back to School. Yay me!

I am mentally preparing myself for the year ahead and all the challenges it brings with it. I also look forward to the opportunities for it to help me grow into an even better person who achieves her dreams and chases after life with the passion that's inside her. Why am I talking in third person? I am and always will be goofy. I don't see that changing. Hope to write more now that I am on Christmas Break.

Take care Journal!

ML OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment