Friday, January 4, 2013

It's still easy

It's SOOO easy to make healthier choices that I've lost 4.9 pounds since Wednesday. Now, I know that is not normally a healthy amount to lose but considering my size and that sugar cookie diet in the month of December, I think it's just right.

Day three of my full load of a four class quarter. So far, I am juggling all four classes with ease. There is a benefit of having John working nights. There is less distraction from my homework and I am more active at night doing odd and ends around the house, homework, chatting with friends with very little TV/Couch time. I enjoy that. Not that I don't enjoy spending time with the hubby but his favorite thing to do every night is watch TV. So hopefully by the time he goes to days, I will be completely out of that habit and will encourage him to be more active at night too. It will be Spring when that happens.

I have to tell you I love peanut butter and my new favorite breakfast is Quaker oats oatmeal (not from the packet) and then I add in a tablespoon of all natural peanut butter. D E V I N E.
I have been having turkey sandwiches on hoagie rolls for lunch with provolone, lettuce, tomato and avocado. Of course, a latte during the day but for dinner I thought I would swap out a home cooked meal with a smoothie. When I say smoothie I don't mean a skimpy one either.

It is about a 500 calorie smoothie when its all said and done but believe me, its all good for you calories. I start with a banana, an apple, two large hand fulls of spinach, 4 celery stalks, 2 Tablespoons flax seed (ground), 1/4 cup (raw instant oatmeal), and top it off with all natural peanut butter. 1-2 Tablespoons. Mix up and YUM!!!! Keeps me full and I like it. I have been doing good with not having dessert. This was a biggy for me.

I was thinking of going back to Weight Watchers but my husband pointed out that I am relying on someone or something else outside of myself to lose weight. I need to look within in.  At first I was like, nooo I'm not. LOL but yea, he is right. When I lost over a hundred pounds a decade ago, I did not go to Weight Watchers or any other diet place. I did it on my own. So, for that - thank you babe. I need to look and rely within.

My friend Jes told me, if I fail to plan, I plan to fail. She also said to remember these words.
Discipline is remembering what you want.
So true.

Other than being bloated and PMSing... I am in a pretty good place. It is Friday & I only have two classes today. I grateful for the gift of good health that is keeping me alive. Thank you Jesus.

I am going to make 2013 the best year yet!

I'm OWT.
Mistie

No comments:

Post a Comment